Sunday, August 21, 2005

.........

6k in 41m45s. Quite happy with this. I thought it would be worse as I actually went a little slower than usual, but took less walking breaks. I also went an extra 0.7k. I would like to get to 8k everytime now, so I might pull back the pace a shade more, though I know I am not exactly burning rubber. Weights went fine too.

I have switched to FireFox & Thunderbird on all machines now. I am seriously impressed. Not just the tabbed browsing but the extra features/themes/plugins etc. Very happy and nice to have the same application across all platforms (Fedora Core 4, Windows XP and OS X).

There is a Linux war raging locally.....the old "Which is best?" song. As far as I am concerned if you weren't around when it was distributed as a set of floppy disks or you don't remember Microsoft's version, you should listen more and shout less. Fair dues to the people who really stuck at it and have brought it (all versions/distro's) to where it is today. I remember writing a version of find as a project, am I showing my age? Probably. Anybody know what happened to Microsoft's version? I would love to know. Wasn't it called Minix or something like that. I got it wrong, Minix is the Tannenbaum operating system. I found this while looking, very funny. But it (the MS version) was something like that. I keep hearing this rumour that he (Tannenbaum) is dead. I heard it years ago in college, when we were using one of his books. Don't know who started it but it keeps circulating around TCD. Oh....and I have tried most....I have settled on Fedora, why? Well, it does what it says on the tin (or website) without a lot of issues. These days I am trying to focus on using my computers rather than getting sidetracked into how can I get some old SCSI card working.

Anyway....enough for now.

No comments: