Friday, August 12, 2005

Away for now.

I am off for the weekend. So no gym, maybe while I am away. There is a leisure centre and pool at the hotel but I would rather take the weekend off and then go back full-steam next week. Maybe a dip in the pool would be a good compromise.

So far I am at 6k in about 40 minutes. I want to get to 8k as that was the original goal (to be able to jog 5 miles).

I finally completed one of the weights sessions, only one machine was very difficult. Weird thing though, I feel sore two and three days later, but not the next day? And I mean very sore, restricted motion and sore while resting. Aspirin or paracetamol have no effect.

Still off the smokes. Including all relapses (about 1 month) that is 10 months. I feel way better for it. Sleep better and don't feel so tired. I have tried most cures (nicotine chewing gum, Zyban tablets, nicotine tablets) and found the patches to be the best. Not very easy to start off with, the first three days are a bitch but after that all goes well. Only thing is that they can fall off very easily and they are very hard on my skin.

No comments: