Sunday, September 04, 2005

Tick...gym done.

It feels a bit like that, tick, chore done. I will get back into a regular routine and that will make it more enjoyable. I ran 8km in 55m55s. Again, no world record but I am happy for two reasons, first I am hitting the 8km (or 5mile) mark and secondly because I did it without slowing down. Some people have told me that varying the speed is better (as in required) and I shouldn't run the whole lot at the same pace. I don't know and for the moment don't care. My goal was to be able to run 5miles, without expiring and I have done it. Now I want to be able to do it regularly. I am going to go searching for a proper training schedule, Google should help. I am getting a bit tired of doing more or less the same thing on the treadmill (is that the correct spelling?). Next week I am going to alternate between a 8km run and a 4km run, the 4km being at a much better pace.

I am going to take the plunge and join WestWood in Sandymount.

No comments: